In Fairways Debt, manual loans are manually scheduled, i.e. not automatically processed by the platform. After creating the transaction, you should enter and manage the loan schedule manually, through a manual update or using Excel files.
Navigate to the Debt & Derivatives Application
- Log in to your Fairways Debt account, e.g. https://login.financeactive.com/login.
- Select a customer account.
- Navigate to Applications > Debt & Derivatives.
Create a Manual Loan
- Click Add Transaction > Loan > Manual Loan.
- Complete the form with all relevant details.
Note: Fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.
|Transaction Reference Code||
Unique reference of the transaction. Identifies the transaction in the portfolio.
Note: The reference must be unique among all the entities managed in the account.
|External Reference Code||Used by external systems to identify the transaction. Used when transactions are imported from or exported to another system.|
|Principal||Principal amount of the loan.|
|Currency||Currency of the principal amount.|
Borrowing entity in the system.
Note: Only entities in the current organization can be managed by the current user.
|Lender||Can be either internal (an entity in the system) or external (a commercial bank).|
|Trade Date||Date at which the transaction has been traded. From that date, the system takes the transaction into account as an item of the portfolio.|
|Start Date||Unadjusted start date of the transaction.|
|Maturity Date||Unadjusted maturity date of the transaction.|
Note: This field is only used for classification purpose: Fairways Debt does not compute the interest of manual loans, as users should manually book it.
- Enable Show Details after Validation to automatically open the new manual loan profile once created.
- Click Apply to create the manual loan.
The new manual loan displays in the draft portfolio.